Kumud is also known as a sacred Indian Lotus and possesses soothing, calming and mood-uplifting properties. It belongs to the Nymphaea Alba family. Kumud dates back centuries and has been mentioned several numbers of times in ancient Ayurvedic texts. Not only does Kumud naturally hydrate and moisturize the skin, but it also stimulates the blood flow bringing about a fresh and youthful glow to the skin. It is believed that Kumud opens to the moonlight and is much valued for its evocative power in Sanskrit poetry. During ancient periods, it was believed that the body is a temple and needs to be worshipped. Kumud was one of the main ingredients incorporated into the Ayurvedic beauty rituals.
Kumud is often used for boosting hydration and healing of the skin. Kumud along with other ingredients is used to regulate the energies, flow, and hormones of the body. This sacred Indian Lotus apart from its hydrating properties also brings in calmness to the skin. The calming property of this plant helps one in achieving a tranquil state of mind. It is said that the properties of Kumud aid in promoting physical and spiritual cleansing. Kumud as an ingredient is also imbibed in skincare to prevent acne. It controls sebum levels and is an active ingredient for healing acne scars.
RJU x Kumud
Kumud or Kumuda is a prominent ingredient in our Gangotri Range. The Rju Gangotri Skincare Range brings to you the goodness of the natural purifying features of the Gangotri Region in products. With detoxifying properties suitable for the needs of oily and acne-prone skin, the Gangotri Skincare Range hydrates your skin, balances sebum production, lightens marks and smoothens out uneven skin tone by improving clarity. This ingredient is grown around the shallow water region in the Gangotri region in the Himalayas, which results in benefiting the skin by providing it with intense moisture and hydration. Owing to its origin, the ingredient leaves the skin feeling calm and cool with an instant bout of hydration. Its anti-inflammatory properties act as a skin repairer and soothes irritated skin.
Within the Gangotri range, Kumud is used in our Purifying Toner.
- The Gangotri Purifying Toner improves skin balance and skin clarity with regular use. It is a great toner for acne which up on regular use, will give you glowing skin.
- he exotic curated ingredients in this product are Kumud and Ushir, sourced from the Gangotri Glacier Region.
- The Ushir herb is a natural astringent that helps to tighten and cleanse pores, maintain skin pH, even out skin tone, and reduce skin inflammation while the Kumud flower provides instant skin hydration, with soothing and anti-inflammatory properties.
Kumud is also used in the Gangotri Purifying Shower Gel.
- The detoxifying Gangotri Purifying Shower Gel cleans off dirt and pollutants from the skin.
- The exotic curated ingredients in this product are Kumud and Peppermint Oil, sourced from the Gangotri Glacier Region.
- The Kumud flower provides instant skin hydration, with soothing and anti-inflammatory properties while Peppermint Oil naturally cleanses skin and has antiseptic and anti-bacterial properties known to cool, calm and soothe skin.
The Gangotri Purifying Body Lotion also houses Kumud.
- The silky texture of the Gangotri Purifying Body Lotion helps in maintaining the hydration levels of skin and its anti-inflammatory elements gently soothe inflamed skin. It is one of the best body lotions for summer due to its lightweight texture.
- The exotic curated ingredients in this product are Sea Buckthorn Oil and Kumud, sourced from the Gangotri Glacier Region.
- Rich in carotenoids and fatty acids, Sea Buckthorn Oil penetrates skin, moisturizes it while regulating oil, and improves skin tone while the Kumud flower provides instant skin hydration, with soothing and anti-inflammatory properties.
During teenage years and early adulthood, skin undergoes many changes due to hormonal imbalances, diet, lifestyle etc., thus resulting in excess sebum production leading up to acne. The extract of the Indian sacred Lotus often helps in improving skin texture. Kumud extract contains skin-balancing properties, which help balance sebum production, preventing clogged pores, acne, and blackheads. The essential compounds present in the extract of the flower effectively even out the skin tone and lighten it. Also, the hydrating property of this ingredient could turn your skin soft and glowy eventually.
Bid adieu to nasty acne and acne scars and welcome the Rju Gangotri Range into your skincare rituals. Your skin will thank you! Shop the collection - Facial Cleanser, Toner, Night Cream, Shower Gel and Body Lotion. Happy Shopping!
That’s all for today, folks! #SkinUpWithRju